The cantilever racks are widely used in industries like construction, lumber, aircraft, chemical sensor applications, and warehouse storage. And, as far as the Construction industry is concerned, Cantilever pallet racking isn’t a new term as it has been around the architectural and construction projects for quite some time now because they are very easy and quick to install. But if it has to be defined in a sentence, it would be ok to say that.
Cantilever Pallet Racking is a systematic storage approach to store materials and products that are bulky, heavy, tall, and even odd-sized or awkward shaped materials as well in an organized way.
If you have made up your mind on creating a hassle-free environment to handle and contain your products or materials safely and securely, and if you wish to prioritize on the same, then pallet racking is the best method to follow, the points are self-explanatory and worthwhile.
Below mentioned are the numerous ways that you can benefit from the same.
| Know more on applications of cantilever racking system
What are the advantages of a Cantilever Pallet Racking System?
- The weight capacity of it is beyond words, meaning it is designed in such a way to take any amount of weight.
- The Pallet racking system can be arranged in such a way that it can hold up to any length (e.g. 60 feet and counting).
- The system again offers linear storage, i.e. to say, there wouldn’t be a need for breaks in the storage level from uprights.
- The entire pallet racking system can be used in such a way that we may benefit from both single and double-sided storage.
- The system can also be customized as per the product or material that needs to be stored.
- It is very fast and can be easily taken care of by the logistics team, without wasting much effort on it.
- It wouldn’t be difficult to handle a product or material that is tall, long, and flat.
- Loading and unloading can be done from the front of the rack itself with the assistance of forklifts or pallet jacks.
- This system is designed in such a way that it helps in availing the maximum floor space without any wastage of the warehouse area that you use.
- They are very cost-effective as it needs only a very simple form of construction.
- It adds on the top-notch to the better management of your warehouse.
- Extensions to the pallet racking system can be added as and when needed.
- The pallet racking system is very economical, safe, and durable.
- Seismic needs are easily met.
Types of Products that can benefit from this type of racking system:
The below-mentioned materials and products can highly benefit from this type of racking system.
- Building materials
- Sheet steel
- Aluminum Sheets
- Masonite Sheets
- Wood crates
- Timber Boards
The types of Cantilever racks that we may choose from:
- Roll-formed lower cost easily manageable cantilever system that works for light to medium duty applications.
- Structural and high capacity cantilever systems (that work well for heavy-duty products or materials).
All that takes to have a cantilever pallet racking in place:
- Bases- that acts as a main stabilizing component.
- Upright Columns- that helps in deciding upon the single and double-sided units.
- Arms- that helps in storing the product.
- Braces- to provide support for upright columns both horizontally and diagonally.
- Decking- option available as an added advantage.
So if you are planning on using up all the storage of the warehouse both vertically and horizontally, and in an organized way then it would be best to choose the cantilever pallet racking system as it is a great space saver.
Since this plan work has been working without any fail for a very long time now, and as it happens to work within your allotted budget for storing as well.
We would like to advise you to wait no more.
Go ahead and choose wisely.